Waiver of Liability - Aerial Yoga
The risks include but are not limited to: slips and falls; falling from equipment; rope burns; pinches, scrapes, twists, and jolts that could result in minor injury, major injury, or even severe life threatening injuries; strains, cuts bruises, muscle soreness and fractures; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck and back; injuries to internal organs; my own physical condition; and the risk of emotional and psychological injuries or physical damage associated with this activity. Any medical expenses required in the event of injury will be incurred at my cost.
Studio Parties while trained and qualified, have difficult jobs to perform. While safety is a primary concern, Studio Parties may not be aware of all variables, including but not limited to a participant's fitness level, abilities, or equipment malfunction, incomplete warnings or instructions.
- I acknowledge that my participation in aerial yoga (including but not limited to training and instruction activities) entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death or damage to myself, to property or to third parties. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Studio and/or Studio Parties from any and all claims, demands, or cause of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of the Studio's equipment or facilities including but not limited to any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of the Studio.
- Should the Studio be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I agree to bear the costs of any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or certify that I have adequate insurance to cover such potential costs. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk that any medical or physical condition I may have could be aggravated or further exacerbated by the activity.
- In the event I file a lawsuit against the Studio, I agree to do so solely in the province of British Columbia and I further agree that the substantive law of that province shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules in that province. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the Studio on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
In consideration of a minor (participants under the age of 18) being permitted by the Studio to participate in activities and to use equipment and facilities, I agree as the legal parent or guardian to indemnify and hold harmless the Studio and/or Studio Parties from any and all claims which are brought by or on behalf of the minor and which are in any way connected with participation by the minor.