200 Hour Teacher Training
The Essential Yoga Studio Teacher Training Program invites you to move more deeply into your understanding of yoga. This commitment is intended for those desiring to teach or to deepen their understanding of yoga practice and can be accomplished with either two 10-day intensives or a 21-day experience and journey of self-awareness. Evolve, integrate, and be empowered with the gifts of yoga - yoga practice and the desire to teach is a journey that lasts a lifetime!
Our program is open to anyone who is passionate about yoga and is available to all ages, levels and bodies. We offer a program that exposes you to different styles of yoga and then encourages your individual creativity to flow. Take advantage of our practicum in a relaxed environment that allows you to start teaching with confidence and safety that brings out the excellence and unique identity in yourself and your students. Essential Yoga Studio was offers an exemplary teacher training in a environmentally conscious studio. We offer one the most thorough yoga teacher trainings available and yet we continue to challenge ourselves to further improve the program.
The program starts with a strong foundation in the history of yoga, anatomy, and different physical postures. This will also include how yoga can affect chronic injuries and what techniques and tools are available as a teacher to help those who have ailments. Subsequently, deeper subjects include Ayurvedic massage, Ayurvedic diet, sequencing, Kundalini, dance, and how yoga principles can be practically and spiritually applied to all aspects of daily life.
Our tailored program will show you how to teach a mindful and safe class applicable to all styles of yoga, sharing your passion through group discussions on yogic philosophy to implement and create class design and flow. However, our program sees value in all traditions and styles and is designed to honor the general principles of yoga, while encouraging students to develop an individualistic teaching style. At the end of the program, you should be able to teach yoga safely, confidently, and engage others in your passion for yoga.
Essential Yoga Studio is registered with the Yoga Alliance, an internationally recognized governing body that regulates the highest standards for yoga teachers internationally. This certification allows you opportunities to teach worldwide. The program follows Yoga Alliance guidelines where applicable to ensure your certification is viable for wherever you choose to teach.
"Immerse yourself...become a teacher or just heighten your knowledge of yoga and you will be transformed."
The programs are led by Senior Yoga Instructor E-RYT 500 Francesca ter Poorten, with additional staff and guests that are experts in their fields.
- Learn how the history of ancient yoga ties into today's masters
- Discover meditation
- Find out how the breath can be therapeutic
- Experience intensive study and practice of asanas
- Discover the meaning of chakras, bandhas and mantras
- Learn how to chant and discover why the sounds we create can help us vibrate at a different level
- Enjoy 1-2 Guided Yoga Practices each day
- Understand basic anatomy and how its relevant to yoga postures
- Develop confidence as a yoga teacher and how to develop a professional attitude
- Learn how to connect with your students
- Discover how to run workshops and gain confidence to lead discussions
- Study sanskrit for yoga teachers
- Find out how to safely and confidently adjust students
- Learn more about proper yogic diet, Ayurvedic lifestyles and massage
- Create class plans that are sequenced properly to keep students injury-free and progressing
- Observe and assist senior teachers or practice teaching in our community classes
- Find out how to create classes for special populations
Foundation Program Schedule
April 6 - April 15, 2018
July 13 - July 22, 2018
Transition Program Schedule
April 16 - April 28, 2018
July 23 - August 2, 2018
21 Day Program Schedule
April 6 - April 28, 2018
July 13 - August 2, 2018
$1800 + GST for Foundation Program
$1400 + GST for the Transition Program
$3200 + GST for 21 Day Program
$700 non-refundable deposit reserves your spot
Early bird savings of $300 if application is submitted 60 days prior to start of program
Student rate is available as well
Course materials and presentations from various specialists
Free classes at Essential Yoga Studio for three months
All guest speakers, performers and specialists in their fields
Essential Yoga Studio is located in the picturesque mountain town of Fernie, British Columbia in the Canadian Rockies.
Lodging is available at various local hotels or inexpensive boarding in people’s homes.
Feel free to contact us if assistance is required in locating lodging.